Find Out More
Request a consultation today
We know that that every client and their care needs are different. The decision to reach out for help can be scary and overwhelming, especially in finding the right caregiver. Partners That Care understand that each individual is unique; therefore we take a unique approach to meeting your care needs. Our professional staff will meet with you and your family to discuss your needs and partner with you to determine your care options.
THE CONTENTS OF THIS SITE DO NOT CONSTITUTE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information and materials offered on this site are for general informational purposes only, do not constitute and should not be considered to be treatment advice. They do not constitute, and are not intended to substitute for, professional medical advice. The users of this Site are expected to and encouraged to consult with physicians, medical advisors and health care practitioners regarding a specific medical diagnosis or condition or general health issues.
PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC does not suggest or recommend any procedures, practices, equipment or other items that are components of or related to medical practice.
No materials on this site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without the prior written
permission of Partners That Care, LLC.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Partners That Care, LLC does not give any warranties, express or implied, regarding the contents on this site and will not be liable for any damage including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or other damages resulting from the use of or inability to use this Site. This includes but is not limited to damages for personal injury, including death, or property damage whether the theory of liability is based on contract, tort, products liability or any other legal theory. Partners That Care, LLC reserves the right to change the content of this site from time to time. It is not responsible for any third party content that may be accessed through or linked to this website. Any third-party links appearing on this site are provided only for your convenience.
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC OR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.
THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR ITNURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF ITNURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
PARTNERS THAT CARE OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING THIS SITE, DISTRIBUTING OR PRODUCING CONTENT ON THIS SITE WILL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE.
IN ADDITION TO THE TERMS SET FORTH ABOVE, NEITHER PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC OR ITS EMBLOYEE OR ASSOCIATES SHALL BE LIABLE, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF DURATION FOR ANY ERRORS, INACCURACIES, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER DEFECTS IN, OR UNTIMELINESS, OR INAUTHENTICITY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE OR FOR ANY DELAY OR INTERRUPTION IN THE TRANSMISSION THEREOF TO YOU, OR FOR ANY CLAIMS OR LOSSES ARISING THEREFROM OR OCCASIONED THEREBY. NONE OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS OR LOSSES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND THE AGGREGATE, TOTAL LIABILITY OF PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC TO YOU OR ANY END USER FOR ALL DAMAGES, ITNURY, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN LIABILITIES OR WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In such jurisdictions, PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by the law. You should check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
LIMITED RIGHT OF USE/OWNERSHIP OF CONTENTS
us through our website is used by us to respond to your questions and requests for information. You may receive certain mailings relating to Partners That
Care, LLC or home care news updates that we think may be of interest to you. If at any time you no longer wish to receive mailings from us, please go to
our "Contact Us" web page and send an email requesting that you be removed from any particular mailing list. While we reserve the right to provide
anonymous, aggregated statistical user information to third party providers to improve our ability to offer meaningful web content and our website service,
we do not share any personal information with any third party unless required (i) by law or legal process, (ii) to investigate and prevent fraud or illegal
activity, including any misuse of this website, or (iii) to prevent harassment, abuse or invasions of privacy of our employees.
YOU AND PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC SITE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC HIPAA PRIVACY STATEMENT
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed. It also describes how you can get access to this information. Please
review it carefully
In order for you to obtain services through PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC, we collect, create and maintain personal health information about you, which includes any individually identifiable information that we obtain from you or others that relates to your past, present or future physical or mental health, the health care you have received, or payment for your health care. PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC is required by law to maintain the privacy of this information. This Notice of Privacy Practices describes how PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC protects your personal health information how we may use and disclose your health information, and explains certain rights you have regarding this information. PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC is providing you with this Notice in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and will comply with the terms as stated.
How PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC Uses and Discloses Your Health Information
PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC protects your health information from inappropriate use and disclosure. Your health information is obtained in the course of providing services to you and is related to your medical records, health visits and claims payment information. PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC will not disclose any personal health information without your written authorization, unless such disclosure is permitted or required by law.
The law permits PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC to disclose your health information without a signed authorization from you when we are using it to provide you with your health benefits. Our staff and those organizations contracted by us to provide service or business support are required to comply with our requirements to protect the confidentiality of your information. Here are some examples of when we may disclose information:
Treatment and Care Management . Health information about you may be used or disclosed to assist treatment by health care providers. This would include treatment provided to you by our providers, and coordinating and managing your care with other providers such as physicians, hospitals, or nursing homes. For example, your nurse care manager will discuss your health conditions with your doctor to plan the nursing services or therapy you might receive at home. Your care manager may also discuss with other health care providers the types of services that would help you such as a social service evaluation.
Payment : Health information about you may be disclosed for our own payment purposes and to assist in the payment activities of other health care providers. Our payment activities include, without limitation, obtaining premiums, determining your eligibility for benefits, reimbursing health care providers that treat you and obtaining payment from other insurers that may be responsible for providing coverage to you.
Business Associates: PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC may use or disclose certain health information to its business associates who perform certain activities on our behalf. Business associates can include lawyers, medical supply companies, accountants and other delegated entities. Their activities, which are governed by a written agreement with us, require the use or disclosure of personal health information in order to do their assignment for PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC.
Health Care Operations: Health information may be used and disclosed to support functions of PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC, related to treatment and payment, which include, without limitation, care management, quality improvement activities, utilization review, internal audit, business management, program planning, accreditation, credentialing, certification, evaluating our own performance and resolving any complaints or grievances you may have. Your health information may also be used to assist health plans and health care providers in performing certain health care operations, such as quality assurance, reviewing the competence and qualifications of health care providers and conducting fraud detection or compliance.
Government, Regulatory, and Law Enforcement Authorities : PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC may also disclose certain personal health information to a variety of government, regulatory, or law enforcement authorities as follows:
- Information may be disclosed to a federal or state health oversight agency such as the Tennessee State office of Attorney General, Department of Health for the purposes of contract administration, inspections and audits.
- Information may be disclosed to a law enforcement agency to respond to a court order, warrant, summons or similar process, to help identify or locate a suspect or missing person, to provide information about a victim of a crime, a death that may be the result of criminal activity, or criminal conduct on our premises, or, in emergency situations, to report a crime, the location of the crime or the victims, or the identity, location or description of the person who committed the crime.
- Information may also be shared for certain types of public health efforts involving births and deaths, communicable diseases or the safety or quality of FDA-regulated products with agencies such as the Tennessee Department of Health, and the Food and Drug Administration. In addition, information may be disclosed to the appropriate governmental authorities to avoid a serious threat to your health and safety, or when there is reason to suspect neglect, abuse or domestic violence.
- Information will also be shared about a deceased person when necessary with coroners, medical examiners, funeral directors or with organizations involved with organ or tissue donations and transplantations.
- Information may be released about you to authorized federal officials for intelligence, counterintelligence, and other national security activities authorized by law or to authorized federal officials so they may provide protection to the President or foreign heads of state.
- Information will also be disclosed about you when required to do so by applicable law.
- Research: Your health information may be used and disclosed for research studies that might examine a type of care provided and its results. When required, we will obtain a written authorization from you prior to using your health information for research.
- To individuals involved in your care:
Your health information may be disclosed to a family member, other relative or close personal friend assisting you in receiving or obtaining payment for health care services.
If you are available, we will give you an opportunity to object to these disclosures, and we will not make these disclosures if you object. If you are not available, we will determine whether a disclosure to your family or friends is in your best interest, taking into account the circumstances and based upon our professional judgment. We may also disclose your health information to public or private disaster relief organizations such as the Red Cross to assist your family members or friends in locating you or learning about your general condition in the event of a disaster.
- Appointments, Information or Services: We may contact you to provide appointment reminders or information about treatment alternatives or other health-related services that may be of interest to you.
- Special Treatment of Certain Records : HIV related information, genetic information, alcohol and/or substance abuse records, mental health records and other specially protected health information may enjoy certain special confidentiality protections under applicable state and federal law. Any disclosures of these types of records will be subject to these special protections.
- Judicial and administrative proceedings : We may disclose your health information in the course of any judicial or administrative proceeding in response to an appropriate order of a court or administrative body.
- Workers' compensation : We may use or disclose your health information as permitted by the laws governing the workers' compensation program or similar programs that provide benefits for work-related injuries or illnesses.
- Military and Veterans : If you are a member of the Armed Forces, we may release health information about you as required by military command authorities.
- Incidental Uses and Disclosures : Incidental uses and disclosures of your health information sometimes occur and are not considered to be a violation of your rights. Incidental uses and disclosures are by-products of otherwise permitted uses or disclosures which are limited in nature and cannot be reasonably prevented.
Obtaining Your Authorization for Other Uses and Disclosures:
Certain uses and disclosures of your health information will be made only with your written authorization, including uses and/or disclosures: (a) of
psychotherapy notes (where appropriate); (b) for marketing purposes; and (c) that constitute a sale of health information under the Privacy Rule. PARTNERS
THAT CARE, LLC will not use or disclose your health information for any purpose not specified in this Notice of Privacy Practices unless we obtain your
express written authorization to do so. If you give us your authorization, you may revoke it at any time in writing, in which case we will no longer use or
disclose your health information for the purpose you authorized, except to the extent we have relied on your authorization in providing benefits. We may
not refuse to enroll or continue to provide benefits to you if you decide not to sign an authorization form.
Your Rights Regarding Your Health Information:
Right to Inspect and Copy: You have the right to inspect or request a copy of health information about you that we maintain and that we may use in making decisions about your benefits. Your request should describe the information you want to review. In limited circumstances, you may not be able to review or copy certain information. These include, without limitation, psychotherapy notes, or information collected in anticipation of a claim or legal proceeding. We may charge you a reasonable fee for copying. We may also deny a request for access to health information under certain circumstances if there is a potential for harm to yourself or others. If we deny a request for access for this purpose, you have the right to have our denial reviewed in accordance with the requirements of applicable law.
- Right to Request Amendments : You have the right to request changes to any health information we maintain about you if you state a reason why this information is incorrect or incomplete. We may not agree to make the changes you request. If we do not believe the changes you requested are appropriate, we will notify you in writing how you can have your objection to our decision included in our records. In any event, any agreed upon amendment will be included as an addition to, and not a replacement of, already existing records.
- Right to an Accounting of Disclosures: You have the right to receive a list of disclosures of your health information that have been made by PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC. The list will not include disclosures made for certain types of purposes, including, without limitation, disclosures for treatment, payment or health care operations or disclosures you authorized in writing. Your request should specify the time period for which you want this list, which can be no longer than six years. The first time you ask for a list of disclosures in any 12-month period, we will provide it for free. If you request additional lists during a 12-month period, we may charge you a fee to cover our costs in providing the additional lists.
- Right to Request Restrictions: You have the right to request restrictions on the ways in which we use and disclose your health information for treatment, payment and health care operations, or disclose this information to disaster relief organizations or individuals who are involved in your care. We may not agree to the restrictions you request. We are, however, required to comply with your request if it relates to a disclosure to your health plan regarding health care items or services for which you have paid the bill in full.
- Right to Request Confidential Communications : You have the right to ask us to send health information to you in a different way or at a different location. Your request should also specify where and/or how we should contact you. We will accommodate all reasonable requests.
- Right to Receive Notification of Breach : You have the right to receive a notification, in the event that there is a breach of your unsecured health information, which requires notification under the Privacy Rule.
- Right to Paper Copy of Notice : You have the right to receive a paper copy of this Notice of Privacy Practices at any time. You may receive a paper copy even if you have previously requested to receive this Notice electronically. You may also print out a copy of this Notice by going to the PARTNERS THAT CARE website at www.partnersthatcare.com
To make a request as described in the section "Your Rights Regarding Your Health Information", please submit it in writing to:
PARTNERS THAT CARE
HIPAA Privacy Officer
419 Northfield Avenue, 2nd floor
Woodlawn, TN 37191
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with PARTNERS THAT CARE, LLC or the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services at: 200 Independence Avenue S.W, Room 615F, Washington, DC 20201. You will not be penalized or retaliated against by PARTNERS THAT CARE for filing a complaint.
If you have a questions about PARTNERS THAT CARE Notice of Privacy Practices, you may write to the above address or call (866) 646-9961 and ask for the HIPAA Privacy Officer.
Changes to this Notice:
PARTNERS THAT CARE may change the terms of this Notice of Privacy Practices at any time. If there are any changes to the terms of this Notice, the new terms will apply to all of your health information, whether created or received by PARTNERS THAT CARE prior to or after the date on which the Notice is changed. A copy of the change of Notice will be posted on our Website.